“GIS for Educators” workshop happening at WLIA conference on February 14th
Join us from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Friday February 14th to learn more about Wisconsin’s educational GIS license ~ available to schools for FREE!! Even better, the first 15 Teachers to Register receive a $150 stipend from the Wisconsin Geographic Alliance. Participants will:
- Choose from a variety of educational sessions in the morning and attend a hands-on “GIS for Educators” session in the afternoon.
- Become a member of ArcGIS Online, and explore and experience the myriad of lessons available for immediate use.
- Engage in sample GIS lessons that can be used and adapted for their own classrooms.
- Learn from practitioners and see how they are using Geospatial Technologies in their careers.
- Develop lesson ideas, and consider partnering with a local expert for 1:1 mentoring.
- Become part of a PLN (Professional Learning Network) that will support your efforts.
$15 Registration fee: Includes Educational Sessions, Keynote, lunch, exhibitors and a hands-on workshop tailored just for educators! Visit the workshop Web site for more information.