1. Register your entries online.
Go to: https://www.wlia.org/annual-conference/poster-competition/
Fill out all required fields. Please take time to pick the appropriate category to submit your poster(s). A map can only be entered in one category. On-site registration will also be available from 8 am to 11 am Thursday morning at the conference; however you are encouraged to use online registration.
2. Bring a hardcopy (and digital copy if not submitted online) of your poster to the registration table at the conference on Thursday morning. All entries must include a hardcopy and digital version. No printing facilities are available at the conference.
1. Base Map: very useful, complete, documented, not flashy map showing your data.
2. Small Format Map: any size B or smaller (17” x 11”); any theme; any scale or extent.
3. Thematic Map: great cartography – design, layout, labeling, annotation, color and appeal for a purpose.
4. Map Poster: informative, eye-catching, colorful, and interesting (not just a map; tells a story).
5. Black and White Map: any format and theme, but no hue… a special problem in design.
6. Brochure: any format and theme, used for public information or marketing purposes.
7. Map Book or Atlas: must be a bound and easy to use map series for any theme.
8. Most Unique: Unconventional, creative presentation, unique subject and/or materials.
9. Interactive Web-Based Mapping Site — Provide URL (Submissions due Feb. 1 at midnight for pre-judging).