2017 WLIA Map and Poster Competition
On-line registration deadline is February 21st. Deadline for Web Mapping Category entries is February 10th.
The Map and Poster Competition is a great opportunity to share your best work with others who appreciate quality cartography and innovation. Awards will be presented for the best entries in each category, Best Student, People’s Choice, and President’s Choice.
Poster Competition Registration:
Go to: https://www.wlia.org/annual-conference/poster-competition/
Fill out all required fields. Please take time to pick the appropriate category to submit your poster(s). On-site registration will also be available at the conference from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Thursday morning at the conference; however you are encouraged to use online registration.
- Bring a hard copy (and digital copy if not submitted online) of your poster to the registration table at the conference on Thursday morning.
All entries must include a hard copy and digital version.
Please bring your hard copy to the poster registration table
No printing facilities are available at the conference.
A map can only be entered in one category.
- Base Map: very useful, complete, documented, not flashy map showing your data.
- Small Format Map: any size B or smaller (17” x 11”); any theme; any scale or extent.
- Thematic Map: must have great cartography – design, layout, labeling, annotation, color and appeal for a purpose.
- Map Poster: informative, eye-catching, colorful, and interesting (not just a map; tells a story).
- Black and White Map: any format and theme, but no hue… a special problem in design.
- Brochure: any format and theme, used for public information or marketing purposes.
- Map Book or Atlas: must be a bound and easy to use map series for any theme.
- Most Unique: Unconventional, creative presentation, unique subject and/or materials.
- Interactive Web-Based Mapping Site — Provide URL (Submissions due Feb. 10 at midnight for pre-judging).