Please view this great internship opportunity in Illinois. Information on how to apply is listed below!
Job Title: GIS / Engineering Internship
Company: Cloudpoint Geographics, Inc.
Location: Roanoke, IL
This position involves a summer internship position where the successful candidate will receive hands-on technical experience from a growing GIS consulting firm in central Illinois. Primary responsibilities will include performing GPS data collection, field inventories, GIS data updates, parcel edits, map creation, and database edits for various GIS / mapping projects throughout the region. Opportunities for assisting with (UAV) drone mapping projects will also be possible. Projects will consist of a significant amount of detail oriented GIS work on transportation / public works and utility network projects. Look for opportunities to grow and be a part of a team.
• Be familiar with data collection procedures and GPS equipment
• Familiarity with ArcGIS desktop and online products
• Basic knowledge of geospatial concepts
Preference will be given to candidates with additional experience in any of the following areas:
• Cadastral maintenance, Surveying, Remote Sensing, LiDAR
• Utilities- Electric, Water, Sewer
• Drones (UAV’s)
• Currently pursuing a degree in Engineering, GIS, Computer Science, or related field
How To Apply:
Submit application at cloudpointgeo.com/apply
or mail to Cloudpoint Geographics, Inc. 107 W. Ann St., P.O. Box 1017 Roanoke, IL 61561
Salary: $10-13 per hour DOQ
Deadline: April 30, 2018