Remember that great teacher who made a difference in your life? There’s a teacher out there looking for an opportunity like this!
The Power of Data (POD) is a professional development program that enables secondary teachers to increase students’ content knowledge, 21st Century Skills and awareness of geospatial technology careers through Geospatial Inquiry and data analysis.
We are seeking exceptional 6-12 grade public, charter and private school teachers to apply to attend our POD Teacher Workshops in Milwaukee. Teacher Workshop participants will be compensated for participating.
• Hands-on experience with web-based mapping software
• Instructional and technical support as you implement lessons
• No previous experience with GIS necessary. This class is designed to get GIS novices up and running quickly and easily.
These week-long workshops impact America’s students, ultimately providing them with the critical thinking skills they need for advanced education and career readiness. Seeking professional, commercial and community sponsors for:
• Teacher classroom supplies
• Workshop expenses
• Coffee, Breaks, Lunch
• Post-workshop GeoMentors
• …and, of course, get the word out to teachers
To become a sponsor, contact Donna Genzmer, 414-229-4865 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This work is supported by a grant from the National Science Foundation – DRL #1513287