FALL VIRTUAL SNEAK PEEK!
Let’s get excited! The WLIA Education Committee has been working hard to build an exciting fall event for you! You asked for more interaction, so we’ve changed up our platform and meeting format to allow just that. The event will be stretched out over the week of October 12-16th. Pick one day or join them all! Registration will be open soon, but here’s a sneak peek at our educational and fun filled week.
- Monday afternoon kicks off “State and Federal Agency Day”. Check out interesting projects from various State and Federal agencies. The day includes a “Doodle While You Listen” contest and concludes with a meeting and round robin updates from SAGIC (State Agency Geospatial Information Committee).
- Tuesday is a full slate for “Land Records Day”. Tune in early to catch the WI Real Property Lister Association panel discussion. Then the main event includes a little bit of everything: easements, editing in ArcGIS Pro, and what it is like to be a Register of Deeds during a pandemic. The afternoon concludes with the WI Land Information Officer Network (LION) meeting. Later that evening, attendees are invited to participate in a Virtual Paint Night.
- “Professional Development Day” heads up Wednesday afternoon. Learn how to make your work stand out through graphic design, go open source with Github, or think big with Geospatial Strategy. Equity Advocates will end the afternoon with a GIS careers panel discussion. During the day, participate in the “Wear Your WLIA Gear” event to be entered into a drawing!
- Thursday afternoon brings us “Municipal & Apps Day.” Sessions include topics on ArcGIS Indoors, Asset Management and ESRI’s Utility Network. Join the Municipal Users GIS Group (MUGG) for an interactive discussion on county and municipal partnerships or login for the morning’s “Educators in GIS Network” (EiGN) discussion. The day’s topics will be followed by a Happy Hour with the WLIA Board and a Social Game Night later that evening.
- Finally, “The Friday Wrap” will conclude the week with an informal breakfast social with Equity Advocates followed by topics on migrating to the Cloud, ArcGIS Hub and NG911. If you still didn’t get your fill, you can also hang around for the WLIA Board meeting.
Stay tuned for more details regarding speakers, session topics, social activities and most importantly how to register!