Let’s Get Social!
Are you an extrovert? An extroverted introvert? Are you dying a slow anti-social death due to the pandemic? I feel you. I’m there! That’s why the WLIA Education Committee has tried hard to make the Fall Virtual Meeting as social as possible.
No, it’s still not the same as in person meetings. You can’t lean over at your table and chat with your pal from another entity. You can’t introduce yourself to a new member (or maybe you are the new member) during a stroll down the hall or during lunch. But what we did try to do is give you an opportunity to turn on your camera, chit chat with other members, and ask questions during various panel discussions.
Sure everyone is sick of hearing ‘it’s not the same”, but the fact is…it’s not. Who knows if this is the new norm or just temporary? Either way, I encourage you to give the Fall Virtual Meeting a shot and try out some of the social opportunities that are listed below. Maybe you’ll see your buddy from across the State or maybe you’ll meet someone new. You’ll never know if you don’t login. What do you have to lose?
- Virtual Scavenger Hunt – This week long event will kick-off on Monday. Find the items on the list and win! Winners will be announced during the Friday Wrap.
- Panel Discussions – There will be multiple panel discussions throughout the event. Join the WRPLA panel discussion on Tuesday ahead of Land Records Day. Checkout the GIS Careers panel on Wednesday’s Equity Advocates Session, or participate in the County-Muni partnership chat during MUGG.
- Informal Lunch/Breakfast Socials – Login at 12:30 Tuesday through Thursday for some lunch time chatter. On Friday, grab your coffee and join an informal discussion hosted by Equity Advocates prior to The Friday Wrap.
- Happy Hour with the Board: Hangout with your WLIA Board Members. You elected us, come get to know us and others! Login in any time after 4:30 on Thursday. To get you in the mood, Colter Sikora will demonstrate how to make a delightful ice cream cocktail, sure to get you in the mood for fun.
- Game Night! Take the dog for a walk and get the kids ready for bed before joining us Thursday night for Game Night. We will have a variety of Zoom friendly games ready to chose from. If you’re not a gamer, sign in anyway to join in on the banter. There is sure to be plenty.
- Daily Games – Almost every day we have a game or activity to participate in. From “Wear Your WLIA Gear” to “Land Records Quiz”. Prizes will be handed out during the breaks. Click on each days’ schedule to find out more.
- Paint Night – Flex your artistic muscles and join us Tuesday for a Virtual Paint Night. The picture and fee options are available HERE. If you’re crafty, you can provide your own materials, otherwise register early so your paint supplies can be shipped to you ahead of the event. If you are not crafty, join anyway. We don’t judge and you can always hide your “masterpiece” off camera 🙂
- Slack – Sign up right now for the WLIA Slack channel and tell us which day you are looking forward to the most. Use Slack throughout the event to chat with friends and submit items for the daily games.