DEADLINE TO SUBMIT NOMINATIONS FOR A WLIA AWARD IS DECEMBER 18
Help us recognize outstanding work and significant contributions by making an award nomination! Awards will be presented at our first ever Virtual Annual Conference.
Submit your nominations on or before December 18, 2019 using the online form.
There are 5 award categories:
- Allen H. Miller Sustained Service Award is given to an individual or organization that demonstrates sustained service to WLIA and the WLIP, through continued exemplary contributions. The Allen H. Miller Sustained Service Award is named after our first President and continuing friend and supporter.
- Friend of Land Records Award is given to an individual or organization that is not a WLIA member and has contributed to the success or advancement of land records modernization in Wisconsin.
- Government Achievement Award is given to a municipal, town, county, regional planning commission, state, federal, or tribal government or consortium that has demonstrated excellence in one or more of the following areas: innovative and efficient use of resources (best “bang for the buck”), sustainable development of critical local, regional, or statewide geospatial datasets, implementation of creative cooperative agreements, creation of innovative applications and information services that improve the delivery of government services to citizens.
- Outstanding Contribution Award is given to an individual or an organization that is a WLIA member and has made a substantial contribution to WLIA activities or the Wisconsin Land Information Program (WLIP).
- Emerging Leader Award is given to an individual in the first 7 years of their Land Information/GIS career who demonstrates exemplary individual technical achievement and/or leadership within the Wisconsin land information community.
If you have any questions, please contact Peter Strand, WLIA Past-President and Awards Committee Chair or Ann Barrett, WLIA Executive Services Manager at 800-344-0421.