Fall Virtual Meeting
October 12th-16th, 2020
Welcome to the Fall Virtual Meeting Page! Register for this FREE event at this link or click on the Registration link to the right.
Below is a summary of the agenda and higlights for each day. Detailed agendas with abstracts and speaker bios if you’d like more information on a particular day are located on the sidebar to the right.
Monday, October 12th
Monday includes a “Doodle While You Listen” contest! Submit your doodle on the topic that will be announced at the 1:00 Kick-off to the Slack Fall Virtual Event Channel by 2 PM. You’ll have a chance to win a prize during the 2:30 break!
- 10:30-12:00 – Redistricting Special Interest Group hosted by the Legislative Technology Services Bureau (LTSB)
- 1:00-1:15 – Fall Virtual Kick-Off and Virtual Scavenger Hunt Begins
- 1:15-1:45 – Using Geospatial Data to Drive Broadband Expansion
- 1:45-2:00 – Digital Compliance Screening Tools
- 2:00-2:30 – ArcGIS Enterprise Implementation at WisDOT
- 2:45-3:30 – Federal Agency GIS Updates: NRCS, USGS & Forest Service
- 3:30-5:00 – SAGIC Special Interest Group
Tuesday, October 13th
Tuesday includes a fun Land Records Quiz. Show off your mad Land Records skills and be entered to win a prize!
- 9:00 – 11:00 – WI Real Property Lister Association (WRPLA) Business Meeting
- 11:00-1200 – Real Property Lister Panel Discussion
- 12:30-1:00 – Let’s Taco Bout It -Informal Lunch Chat
- 1:00-1:45 – Register of Deeds vs COVID-19
- 1:45-2:30 – Easements: Unlike the Mortal Jellyfish, They Don’t Live Forever
- 2:45-3:30 – What’s New in ArcGIS Pro 2.6 Editing
- 3:30-4:30 – LION Meeting
- 7:00 – Virtual Paint Night Social
Wednesday, October 14th
Wednesday is our “Wear your WLIA Gear” day! Show us your gear to be entered to win a prize!
- 9:00 – 11:00 – WI Land Information Council (WLIC) Meeting
- 12:30-1:00 – Confabulation Smorgasboard -Informal Lunch Chat
- 1:00-2:00 – Geospatial Strategy
- 2:00-2:30 – Github : An Open Source Platform for the Modern World
- 2:45-3:30 – Better by Design: Making Your Work Stand Out
- 3:30-4:30 – Equity Advocates presents: GIS Careers Panel Discussion
Thursday, October 15th
Thursday is our “Movie Quotes with the Platinum Sponsors” day! You don’t want to miss some great performances by our sponsors as you try to guess the movie for a chance to win!
- 11:00-12:00 – Educators in GIS Network (EiGN)
- 12:30-1:00 – Where’s My Stapler? – Informal Lunch Chat
- 1:00-2:00 – Raising the Roof on Facility Mapping with ArcGIS Indoors
- 2:00-2:30 – Extend ArcGIS in the Field with RFID for Asset Management
- 2:45-3:30 – Esri’s Utility Network: Lessons Learned, What to Expect
- 3:30-4:30 – Special Interest Group – Municipal Users Group (MUGG)
- 4:30-??? – Happy Hour with the WLIA Board
- 7:00 – Virtual Game Night Social
Friday, October 16th
Friday we wrap up with the announcement of our Map Scavenger Hunt winner. Stay tuned for details on this weeklong virtual hunt.
- 8:00-9:00 – Early Bird Special – Breakfast Social with Equity Advocates
- 9:00-9:45 – Addressing: A Practical Guide
- 9:45-10:15 – Cloud 101: Taking ArcGIS to the Cloud
- 10:15-10:45 – Shift Your GIS Enterprise to the Geospatial Cloud
- 10:45-11:15 – Empowering Local Government & Communities with ArcGIS Hub
- 11:15 – Wrap-up and Virtual Scavenger Hunt Winners Announced
- 11:30 – WLIA Board meeting
If you have ideas or would like to volunteer to help plan, contact Fall Chair Lauree Aulik at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 348-9741 ext. 2231.