Duty of Care
WLIA is preparing our meeting experience so that all individuals on-site, attendees, speakers, staff, and venue personnel remain safe, healthy, and comfortable throughout the event. The health and safety of our members is our top priority.
We are monitoring the COVID-19 status and are in communication with the team at the event location. Please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for recommendations on how to protect yourself against COVID-19. You can also see the current health and safety protocols that event location has in place.
Before Leaving Home
- Follow relevant guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and your local health authority.
- Evaluate your own health and that of people you are in close contact with; contact the meeting/event organizers if you have concerns.
- Stay home if you are experiencing any of these symptoms: temperature over 100.4F, loss of taste or smell, cough, runny nose, sore throat, muscle aches, headache.
On-Site During the Event
Follow guidance for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses including:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Agree to follow local and venue mask requirements at the event. If masks are required, you are encouraged to bring your own masks; however, WLIA will have a supply of masks available on-site.
- Adhere to social distance protocols put in place by WLIA and respect others’ personal space.
- Meeting sessions will be set for appropriate social distancing. Rearranging of seating is prohibited.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be positioned throughout the hotel and our meeting space.
- Appropriate signage will be displayed to reinforce social distancing and other safety reminders.
- WLIA staff and Board members will work with the venue to ensure adherence to safety protocols at the meeting as outlined.
- Notify WLIA staff immediately if you feel unwell or are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
- Should you exhibit COVID-19 symptoms or test positive over the meeting dates, you will not be allowed to attend the meeting. Any additional expenses you may incur to quarantine or return home will be your responsibility.
If you test positive for COVID-19 up to 14 days after returning home, please contact WLIA staff to advise them of your situation.
*For any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to Ann Barrett, Executive Services Manager.*