Why Join WLIA?
Consider joining Wisconsin’s premier association of geospatial professionals. Without you, WLIA would not exist! You can choose from one of four different membership options.
Top 10 reasons for joining YOUR Wisconsin Land Information Association:
1. Being part of a professional association is a critical part of your own career development.
2. Receive reduced registration rates for all of our meetings and events.
3. Learn about spatial information technologies through regular conferences, meetings, and special seminars.
4. Influence technical standards that affect you and your organization.
5. Network and socialize with others who share your interests in GIS and land information in Wisconsin.
6. Unite with your peers to influence land records policy and laws through a common voice.
7. Search the WLIA “Pro-Net” to find people who can help when you get stuck on a technical problem.
8. Volunteering to support your profession by serving on committees and work groups is a satisfying and rewarding experience.
9. Access past conference materials, presentations, news, standards and much more on the WLIA Web site.
10. Without members, WLIA ceases to exist. No more annual conference, no regional events, no advocacy at the state level. In short, joining WLIA is the right thing to do.
Individual Membership ($55/year)
- Available to any individual with an interest in advancing the association’s mission.
Student Membership ($0/year)
- Available to any individual enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution interested in land information activities and with an interest in advancing the mission of the association. Each student member will be permitted to participate in the activities of the association, but will not have voting privileges.
Organization Membership ($200 or $400/year)
- Available to any organization with an interest in advancing the mission of the association. For $200, up to 15 employees of the organization will receive full membership benefits in the Association. For an additional $200, organizations may upgrade to unlimited memberships for their employees. The organization will designate one person to serve as the administrative contact for the membership. All employee members of the organization have voting privileges.
From WLIA Members...
“This organization is the premier land records professional group in Wisconsin. It offers great opportunities for education, statewide issues, as well as networking with land records professionals.” Jodi Helgeson, Register of Deeds, Adams County and 20+ year WLIA member
“I felt a sense of belonging to something bigger than my job and really valuable to many people. I have built relationships with many people I would not have had an opportunity to meet during my usual work interactions. This is a way to learn through experience, and then give back to a broad group of people.” Barb Gibson, GIS Admin, Vilas County and 13+ year WLIA member
“[I joined the WLIA] to meet a prospective employer; [I] thought as long as I was there (and the price was right; as a student)… I did get the job.” Joe Barstow, GIS Technician, City of Onalaska and 20+ year WLIA member
“As a WLIA member, [I] have received these benefits over the years: learning new GIS concepts in sessions, making new or re-establishing networks, and being able to trouble-shoot and discuss ideas with others.” Dan Seidensticker, GIS Specialist, Madison Area Transportation Planning Board and 20+ year WLIA member
“[WLIA] is a current information source regarding WI geospatial and industry events, continued networking opportunities and interactions with my professional colleagues around the state, and WLIA connections got me my current job.” Gale Shea, Mapping Sales Rep, Seiler Instruments and 5+ year WLIA member